Saturday, July 10, 2010

As some of you may know, I have been in a bit of a funk because of some health issues and other things that are going on. I find it easy to pray when I am like this. Much easier then when things go smoothly. I have been doing alot of it lately and somehow god had to be listening. I opened this email that sent me a list of verses that help when things go bad and the first one was this one:
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

-Isaiah 40:31

Doncha just feel your spirits lift at the thought of doing that? Soaring with the eagles? It does mine.

But this is my favorite. He is my rock when times get rough. He is always there to lift my burden. My rock of ages...
My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—
from violent men you save me.

-2 Samuel 22:3

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful that we have scripture to fall back on whenever we are in need. It seems we all remember to pray more when our lives are hectic and not going so well....don't know why but it seems we remember him more at this time. So glad you are feeling better my friend.
    .........:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernie..thanks alot. Yes it is wonderful that we have The word of God to fall back on. He does not fail us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Garnet, I especially like the verse from Isaiah. I have a bad habit of forgetting to pray when things are going well. I have been making an effort lately to reverse that!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete