Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Touch The Lord

Often when I am troubled by life's events such as what has been happening lately, I page through one of my bibles and I always find relief, whether it is in bible scriptures or in one of the many devotioanals that is in a bible my friend gave me.  In one of them, WOMEN'S DEVOTIONAL BIBLE. I found a devotional written by Wanda K.Jones.   It is called Touch the Lord.

It is the story of the woman who had bleeding for twelve years.  She believes that if she can get close to Jesus, he can heal her of her illness.





“And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague. And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? … And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.” (Mark 5:25-30,34)



Jesus did not have to ask who it was.  I believe he knew who she was.  We need to be more like her.  Even though He knows everything but He wants us to trust in Him and go to Him with our problems.  He will take care of them.  This devotional lifted my spirits a great deal.


If you are hurting for any reason, whether it be physical, emotional, or someone is causing that pain, Go to God.  Touch the Lord with your prayers.  He will help.

2 comments: