Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Singing songs of praise

I love to sing. My family says I should not sing. I think some who stand beside me in church when I belt out one of my favorite feels like my family. They think I should shut up. But I say to them, "You may not like my voice but God gave it to me and I am going to sing." I sing His praises in church. I sing "Precious Lord" while I wash dishes and thank him I have enough food to feed my family and wash dishes.

I often have tears in my eyes when I sing 'Victory In Jesus' but I love it because there is victory in Jesus and I love Him for it.

God Leads Us Along comforts me when I am sad. He really does lead us. And that song reminds me that He is near me to comfort me.

'Leaning On the Everlasting Arms' is what I often sing while sweeping the floor. Look at how many times those arms were there to hold me when I needed it. It reminds me of my precious foster mother who sang that and Standing On the Promises. She could notcarry a tune either but that did not stop her from singing.

If you never heard Lynda Randel sing, you are missing so much. I feel she might frown on me for 'murdering' God of The Mountain, or 'I'm Free' while I walk but I am sure God smiles when I sing it. *s*

Those are just a few of my favorite songs for praising God while I go about my daily chores.

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful songs they are too Garnet, keep on singing my friend, always.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have mentioned some of my favorite hymns. They are truly old friends who have been a rich part of my life. I bet you bring a smile to many hearts, not only God's!

    ReplyDelete